Friday, June 1, 2007

Ode to Wilson



It is over. Today was the last day of school. As I sit and reflect on the last 2 years, two themes flood my mind: hard work and blessing. This truly was one of the most consumptive efforts I have ever done, but the rewards have been so deep and rich. The staff and students of this school have showered me with such love and care. I have learned a lot about myself, youth culture and love.

To the Wilson readers out there... Thank you.

Thank you for teaching me how to be a teacher. Thank you for showing me the depths of love. Thank you for your patience with me. Thank you for the laughs. Staff, it has been an honor to co-labor with you to educate young people. Students, it has been an honor to teach you about the Earth. We truly live in a beautiful world.



I will miss seeing you all everyday. I will miss hearing the band play as I walk down the hall, the smell of the football field, the days after school with the Freshman Council. Yet above all else, I will miss the 700+ human beings trying to figure out high school life.

What a trip! I am glad I was invited.

You can take Mrs. Withrow away from the Hornets, but you can't take the Hornet out of Mrs. Withrow!

Mrs. Withrow with her "jewels and gems."

Mrs. Withrow and one of her students, Jarden Spares (name changed to protect student). You can't hide our hornet pride!



Mrs. Withrow lets out a "Yhess!" as she grades her last paper...eva!


Wilson, you have blessed me and changed me. Earth Science will always rock!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was so awesome...thanks 4 the name change 4 my protection:0)

Anonymous said...

Katie - I wish I knew you would not be there MONDAY! I have been gone since Friday for State Track and won't be back til Monday!
If you are in during the week stop in I will be in all week except Thursday!
You have been a great TEACHER! Your love for the kids has been wonderful and your love of Science has given them a new look at life - THANKS! stay in touch! Cory